“… a big shout out to friends, family and vendors that helped support Onward Neighborhood House this weekend! As a board of directors, we made the decision to forego our big annual gala and instead, each board member would host small gatherings to help raise critical funds for the organization. My event was last Saturday and I think a good time was had by all! A huge thanks to Auction Merchandise Source (AMSHelpsPeople.com), Allure Designs Salon + Boutique, Libbyville Lifestyle Boutique, Eagle Creek Winery & d’Vinery Tasting Room, [friends and family]. Thanks to everyone’s generosity, we were able to raise a nice chunk of change for a great organization, but there’s always room to grow.
Please consider donating at [Personal fundraising link]…”– Carolyn
- Onward House provided flyers with their COVID response information – it shows how much services are in demand. We also watched the video from their website which provides a short overview of their programs.
- Invites: Think about how your current circle works and you may invite different people who are already socializing anyway. We invited just family and stayed in a well ventilated outdoor area. We hosted 14 people who we already see. There were a few other friends who keep a close circle who were not comfortable coming, and that is fine too.
- I planned the gala for a few years, so I decided to keep the silent auction. It helps to know your audience. At the end of the night, we closed the silent auction but left out the last three items for a live auction. Even with a small group, we had a good time.
- In line with the gala, we had a signature cocktail and wine list, and good food.
- Onward House helped with all of the details – including picking up donated items, designing menus, and delivering a bog of signage and materials to my house. After the party, I packed it all up for pick up. Super easy.